Member 2
sanjeev2

QC 10 to ALM 11 Upgrade

Hello Folks, I am suppose to start upgrading QC 10 to ALM 11.Please suggest the steps to start the upgrade process from Quality Center 10 to ALM 11. Thanks a ton!! -Sanjeev
HP Expert
melinda_clover

Re: QC 10 to ALM 11 Upgrade

The best thing to do is follow our published Upgrade Best Practices Guide.  I've attached it below.  It provides fairly explicit instructions on preparing for the upgrade and walks you through each step and a check list of items as you prepare to make the move.

The other thing to do is go through the HP ALM 11.0 readme document - this is available on the support online site (the upgrade guide is also there).

Member 2
sanjeev1

Thanks for replying.I will go through the Upgrade best practice guide. I have one query regarding Verify and repair.I remember while upgrading from QC 9 to QC 1o there was Assesment tool which helped to veirfy/repair the project before migration.Just like that do we need to use same tool for verify/repair QC 10 project.Or we can use the inbuilt verify/repair option in QC 10 to verify/repair. Thanks again.
Advisor 1
SSMyers-CO

should be covered in the pdf provided earlier, the upgrade assessment from 9.2 to 10 was due to major changes within the products backend tables

Member 2
QC_Stu

Hi,

Can someone please email me the QC 11/ALM installation and user guide to mrhajun@yahoo.com?

Thanks